Each of us has been given gifts by God. That’s what we’re told in the Bible. In fact, the Apostle Paul’s basic description of a spiritual gift can be found in 1 Corinthians 12:4-11:
- Each believer is given at least one gift. (1 Corinthians 12:7)
- The Holy Spirit determines who receives which gifts. (1 Corinthians 12:11)
- Each gift is equally valuable. (1 Corinthians 12:21-26)
- We are to use our gifts to serve others for the benefit of the body. (Romans 12:6-8; Ephesians 4:12)
- We are commanded to use our gifts. (1 Peter 4:10)
- Exercising our gifts will help us develop spiritual maturity. (Ephesians 4:13)
You are invited to use this assessment from our United Methodist friends to help determine the particular gifts the Holy Spirit has given you for building up the church.