You make a difference. The gifts you bring, combined with the power of Christ at work within us, enable First Christian Church to accomplish more than we can ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20). Therefore, each member of the congregation is encouraged to participate in one or more of the ministries that further the church’s mission, both on our front doorsteps and to the ends of the earth.
No prior experience is required. All that is needed is a passionate willingness to further the ministry of the church.
A little more about our ministries:
- Communication & Technology – Responsible for bringing the church’s values to life through a balance of inspiration and information, reinforcing with clarity the common vision of the church.
- Evangelism – Responsible for conducting and engaging in efforts that reach and touch the lives of people with the love of God made known in Jesus Christ, empowering and encouraging members and guests to develop relational connections in which to share their faith, and overseeing and emphasizing the welcome and connection of guests.
- Faith Formation – Responsible for inviting individuals and small groups to embrace a “thoughtful” faith with theological depth and spiritual integrity, expanding their Christ-like discipleship through spiritual growth endeavors, and equipping families in nurturing and supporting the faith formation of children and youth.
- Membership & Fellowship – Responsible for fostering a sense of community within the congregation by nurturing close and caring relationships, promoting a spirit of fellowship, hospitality, and welcome, and engaging new and current participant in the life of the church.
- Property – Responsible for directing the use, development, and maintenance of the church’s building and grounds, ensuring that the property and facilities are available, safe, and operational to support the programs and ministries of the church.
- Stewardship & Finance – Responsible for overseeing and verifying the financial integrity of the church, providing leadership in the development, approval, and administration of all financial matters of the church, and fostering an understanding of the full meaning of Christian stewardship among members and guests.
- World Outreach & Community Service – Responsible for resourcing and involving members and guests in opportunities to give of themselves (through hands on experiences, support of ministry partners, and financial contributions) in ways that champion the church’s mission to shepherd every person to encounter the abundant peace of Christ.
- Worship & Fine Arts – Responsible for working with the Senior Minister and Director of Music Ministries to oversee all matters related to the spiritual worship life of the church, providing meaningful opportunities to glorify God through adoration and praise with authenticity and theological integrity.