In the church, the season of Lent is designed to be a time of preparation and spiritual discipline. So why not use this Lenten season to grow your faith by learning more about spiritual practices designed to deepen your faith and your relationship with Jesus Christ.
Fat Tuesday Pancake Dinner
February 21 | 5:30 – 7:00 pm
Gather the whole family and stop by the Fellowship Hall between 5:30 – 7:00 pm for pancakes, sausage, bacon, juice, and milk…and support our 2023 Youth Mission Trip to Austin with your donations.
Ash Wednesday Service
February 22 | 6:00 pm
Ash Wednesday, which marks the beginning of the liturgical season of Lent, is a day set aside to return to the Lord and make a new beginning in your faith as you recall your own mortality and God’s grace. Join in a powerful service that will feature an invitation to observe a Holy Lent, the imposition of ashes on our foreheads or hands, the sharing of communion, and special music.
Lenten Family Activity Boxes
Together with the whole family, learn more about what Lent means. Lent Family Activity Boxes include a book and other resources to help your family move through Lent and towards the celebration of resurrection on Easter Sunday. The activities and learning begin on Tuesday, February 21, so pick up a box at the church.
Sign up for Lenten Devotionals
Faithfully journey through Lent, preparing for the joy of the Resurrection, with help from a daily Lenten devotional. These email devotions, delivered to your inbox every morning, contain a brief scripture reading, reflection, and prayer.
Wednesdays at the Table
2023 Lenten Study Series
This Lenten season, you are invited to the table. On Wednesday evenings from March 1 to April 5, deepen your faith by participating in Lenten electives. Each week, we will gather for a simple soup supper (along with kid-friendly options for our young friends) at 5:30 pm. Then, we will share together in communion before choosing an elective to attend:
- Walk with Jesus Bible Study with Sheri Sutton
- How to Read the Bible for All It’s Worth with Mark Bender
- Understanding Prayer with Brooke Reid
- Letters from Jerusalem (for our young friends) with Claire Baer
40 Days of Outreach
Three of the standard spiritual practices of Lent are prayer, fasting (giving up something), and almsgiving (the giving of yourself/your resources). To assist you with the third practice, our Outreach ministry has arranged several hands-on service opportunities for the Lenten season.
- Assist with the Wichita Adult Literacy Council Book Fair at the MPEC – Wednesday, March 1 (9 am – 1 pm or 1 pm – 5 pm)
- Help at the Wichita Falls Area Food Bank – Thursday, March 16 (9 am – 12 pm)
- Serve dinner at Faith Refuge – Monday, March 20 (6:15 pm – volunteers must be age 18+)
- FCC Day at Interfaith Outreach – Saturday, March 25 (9 am – 12 pm)
- Help at the Wichita Falls Area Food Bank – April 4 (1 pm – 4 pm)